Thursday, June 13, 2013

And the summer is here...

I think it's been too long since I wrote, but really, I am busy.  I may not be running my kids to umpteen sporting events, working, or working out, but I am busy.  I have cleaned the house, started crafting like mad, and have been sorting Legos like a crazy person.  My OCD has been on overdrive for about 2 months.  I have now resorted to fixing the dog's callous on her elbow.  She's not fond of it, but I don't care.  It needs to heal so she stops bleeding.  It sounds really bad, but we've been to the vet and she said it's entirely normal because she just happens to lie on that side all of the time.  Now it's my mission to get her healed.

I have been reintroduced to my Cricut.  I loved it before and now that I am learned how to actually use it, I am totally smitten!  I am trying not to buy 87000 cartridges...and pacing myself.  :)  I haven't really bought anything for it recently, so I think that's pretty good...for me.  I have stocked up on other scrapbooking supplies though.  Nothing too fancy.  So books of paper so I can use stuff other than solid card stock.  I have also been stocking up on crafts for the kids.

As much as I loved being a Pampered Chef Consultant, I am really finding it difficult to get back into it right now.  I am still trying, but it's just difficult to fit it somedays.  Ugh.  I did make some money and get a lot of free stuff.  I thought that I could just submit 1 show a month and keep it up, but I'm even having trouble with that.

And, on a sad note, I lost my Grandma today.  It's not like we've been close or anything, but it's still a loss that will be felt for a while.  She was the one that gave me details for the Ancestry work.  She was the one that would buy my sister and I crazy pajamas or sweaters.  She was the one that would buy the kids LOUD and annoying toys.  And she will be missed.  She wasn't in the best of health recently, so it's not a shock, but it's still sad.  I am really sad for George, her son.  He took care of her up until the end.  Even when she stopped remembering things.  He still took her to get her hair done and made sure she had company and family around.  She will be remembered fondly in our home.  And now, she is together with my Grandpa and I'm sure he's happy to see her.  RIP Grandma Sue... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment